Pilot Mentor Network Forum Forum Index Pilot Mentor Network Forum
An online network of professional pilot mentors

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transition military to civilian flying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pilot Mentor Network Forum Forum Index -> Corporate & Fractional
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpbucher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Transition military to civilian flying Reply with quote

Hello! I recently found out that I will be separating from the Air Force next fall (paying me to leave, believe it or not). I currently have 2000 TT, 1300 C-17 (ME, Heavy) time of which only approx. 200 is PIC. I am currently an instructor for Undergraduate Pilot Training and have acquired about 400 hours in a SE turboprop. I have the standard type ratings of BE-400 that most USAF "Heavy" guys received simply by taking the test after winging. In the next 10 months I should be able to get about another 400-500 hours. I have just begun looking at what is available in the civilian world and am interested in what may be my best options. I am learning as I go. Any suggestions or references for my search? I am getting the feeling that my time might be a little low (mins for NetJets were 2500 TT). Are there any military conversions that might help get me over the mins? Thank you for any help anyone may have.
________
HONDA CUB F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pilot Mentor Network Forum Forum Index -> Corporate & Fractional All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: